The Assets Committee is appointed at the AGM in May and sits for the following 12 months. Meetings are on the fourth Tuesday of every other month (the same months as Full Council) and start at 7:30pm. They are currently being held in the Bishopstoke Methodist Church.
The Assets Committee has between 5 and 7 members and needs at least 3 members present to be quorate. In some areas it has the power to make decisions on behalf of the Council and in others it can only make recommendations. This is detailed in the Terms of Reference. The Committee reports to Full Council which considers the recommendations of the Committee and notes its decisions. The Chair of the Committee also sits on the Human Resources Committee.
• Oversight of Council allotments.
• Oversight of Council cemeteries, closed churchyards & the war memorial.
• Oversight of play areas.
• Oversight of street furniture.
• Oversight of open spaces and tree management.
• Oversight of Council-owned buildings.
• Oversight of proper use and maintenance of CCTV equipment.
• Oversight of the fixed asset register.
• Receiving reports on the Bishopstoke Memorial Hall.
Cllr Dave Francis was elected Chair for the 2023-24 year, with Cllr Dermot McKeone elected as Vice Chair. The remaining members of the Committee are Cllrs Geoff Harris, Louise Hillier-Wheal and Anne Winstanley.
Details of the next meeting are at the top of the page. You will also be able to view or download the agenda and document pack from the links at the top of the page. The draft minutes will be published as soon as possible after the meeting. Please email the Clerk if you wish to attend the meeting.