The Assets Committee is usually appointed at the AGM in May and sits for the following 12 months, however this year because of the lockdown restrictions the Committee were not appointed until the Full Council meeting on June 22nd. Meetings are on the fourth Tuesday of every other month (the same months as Full Council) and start at 7:30pm in the Parish Office.
The Assets Committee has between 5 and 7 members and needs at least 3 members present to be quorate. In some areas it has the power to make decisions on behalf of the Council and in others it can only make recommendations. This is detailed in the Terms of Reference. The Committee reports to Full Council which considers the recommendations of the Committee and notes its decisions. The Chair of the Committee also sits on the Human Resources Committee.
• Oversight of Council allotments.
• Oversight of Council cemeteries, closed churchyards & the war memorial.
• Oversight of play areas.
• Oversight of street furniture.
• Oversight of open spaces and tree management.
• Oversight of Council-owned buildings.
• Oversight of proper use and maintenance of CCTV equipment.
• Oversight of the fixed asset register.
• Receiving reports on the Bishopstoke Memorial Hall.
The current Chair is Cllr Gin Tidridge with Cllr Ray Dean as the Vice Chair. The remaining Committee members are Cllrs Dave Francis, Dermot McKeone and Anne Winstanley.
Details of the next meeting are at the top of the page. You will also be able to view or download the agenda and document pack from the links at the top of the page. The draft minutes will be published as soon as possible after the meeting. Please email the Clerk if you wish to attend the meeting as there may be limited spaces available due to government restrictions.