St Marys sun tree wide.jpg

ST MARY'S CHURCH

The Church of St Mary's is an Anglican Church in Bishopstoke, Hampshire and was designed by Edward Prioleau Warren and built during 1890/91 by Wheeler Bros. of Reading, Berkshire at a cost of £4,200.

 

It was consecrated on 12 November 1891 by the Bishop of Guildford. Financial limitations meant that a Perpendicular tower included in the design had to be added later and this was completed in 1909

Bishopstoke Parish Council accepted responsibility for the maintenance of the trees and grounds in 2008, although the church itself is still looked after by the Parochial Church Council.

Reverend Wise leads the local Anglican community.

ST MARY'S CHURCH