Bishopstoke Mill became Shears Mill in 1910 when the family of one of its owners (Shears and Chamberlain) moved into the mill house. They replaced the water wheel with a turbine in 1923 but the building was demolished in 1932. However, the turbines remained on site covered with an iron shed.
To celebrate the Queen's Diamond Jubilee Bishopstoke Parish Council replaced the shed with the building pictured here. It houses the original Armfield turbines, which are now believed to be the only ones surviving in the UK. There are also other pieces of equipment which would have been used in the milling process.
The building is located at the corner of Riverside and Bishopstoke Road (SO50 6BF). The nearest parking is at Riverside shops.