The People Committee is unusual in that it is not appointed, it is made up of the Chair and Vice Chair of the Council, plus the Chairs of the other three Committees. The Chair of Council is the Chair of the Committee. The Committee meets three times a year, on the fourth Tuesday in June, October and February, starting at 7:30pm in the Parish Office. As with all Committees, the Terms of Reference give details about the scope of its work and at least 3 members need to be present for a meeting to be quorate.
• Annual appraisal of the Clerk, including updates.
• Oversight of the appraisal of other officers.
• Making recommendations regarding staffing levels.
• Overseeing “staff documents” such as contracts and job descriptions.
• Drafting and recommending policies that relate to the Council’s role as an employer.
• Making recommendations regarding staff remuneration.
The Chair of the Parish Council, Ray Dean, leads the People Committee. The other members are the Vice Chair (currently Louise Hillier-Wheal), the Chair of Finance , the Chair of Assets and the Chair of Planning.
Details of the next meeting are at the top of the page. You will also be able to view or download the agenda and document pack from the links at the top of the page. The draft minutes will be published as soon as possible after the meeting. Please email the Clerk if you wish to attend the meeting.